HELP PROTECT YOURSELF FROM CARD FRAUD
- Keep your cards safe in your possession
- Shred anything with your card number on it
- Never sign blank card receipts
- Share your card info only with trusted sources
- Research merchants when online shopping
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately
- Review your billing statements each month
- Make strong passwords & keep them safe
- Check gas stations & ATMs for card skimmers
FRAUD ALERT - AMAZON PHISHING SCAM
Please be aware that some members are receiving automated phone calls which falsely appear to be originating from Amazon.com. They are asked if they made a recent purchase and are then prompted to call another number to authorize/not authorize the order. When the number is called, a live person answers and phishes for credit card and other personal information. Please ignore any calls you receive like this.
FRAUD ALERT - vISHING SCAM LEADS TO DEBIT AND CREDIT CARD FRAUD
Credit Union members are being targeted in a vishing (phone-based phishing) scam in which fraudsters spoof phone numbers making the calls appear to originate from the credit union. The members are told there is attempted fraud on their card and are asked to verify various card information including: card number, CVV code, PIN number, etc.
As a reminder, your financial institution will never ask for this information. Please do not give out any personal information over the phone. When in doubt, end the phone call and then contact the credit union at 1-800-272-6003. Please remember to monitor your debit card and credit card transactions online and in your monthly statements for discrepancies.