don't let your vacation become a nightmare!
- Start at the planning stage; notify us that you’re traveling. Call us at 800 272-6003.
- Take just one or two cards. Document the card information and phone numbers for reporting your card lost or stolen and store it in a safe place; separate from the cards.
- MobiMoney is a great tool for controlling the security of your card and monitoring your spending.
- If you must take cash, keep it in a secure spot; separate from your cards and smartphones.
- Password Protect your devices.
- And as always, avoid those secluded/out of the way ATMs.
FRAUD ALERT - AMAZON PHISHING SCAM
Please be aware that some members are receiving automated phone calls which falsely appear to be originating from Amazon.com. They are asked if they made a recent purchase and are then prompted to call another number to authorize/not authorize the order. When the number is called, a live person answers and phishes for credit card and other personal information. Please ignore any calls you receive like this.
FRAUD ALERT - vISHING SCAM LEADS TO DEBIT AND CREDIT CARD FRAUD
Credit Union members are being targeted in a vishing (phone-based phishing) scam in which fraudsters spoof phone numbers making the calls appear to originate from the credit union. The members are told there is attempted fraud on their card and are asked to verify various card information including: card number, CVV code, PIN number, etc.
As a reminder, your financial institution will never ask for this information. Please do not give out any personal information over the phone. When in doubt, end the phone call and then contact the credit union at 1-800-272-6003. Please remember to monitor your debit card and credit card transactions online and in your monthly statements for discrepancies.